Table of Contents
If you want me for a media appearance or interview, please contact me using this email address: Media_Inquiry@AnnmarieKelly.com
If you are ready to book me for your event, please fill out the booking form at the bottom of the page and we’ll get back to you promptly and professionally.
If you have a time sensitive matter, would like to check my availability for the date of your event, or if I am already scheduled to speak for your event, please reach me directly via email at Annmarie@AnnmarieKelly.com or by phone at 610-738-8225
All other inquiries please use this handy Contact Form.
What IS the Five-Year Marriage®?
Annmarie Kelly was been in the same place you are now. She watched her friends change when they got married, and not always for the better. She saw many marriages lose their luster and end in divorce. Worse than that, too many marriages didn’t end in divorce, but should have – for the health, happiness and well-being of the couple, and their children. After a while, Annmarie started thinking that marriage wasn’t such a good deal – especially for a woman. After working hard to become independent, she got to wondering if marriage was really for her.
Yet, at the same time, she was tired of going it alone in life. She wanted the tender relationship of marriage that included both partnership and intimacy.
It wasn’t until she found a man she could consider marrying that Annmarie found a better way. Instead of settling for the “till death do us part” stranglehold, Annmarie opted for a different kind of partnership. It’s one that is short-term and contractual. The end of each marriage includes an options to continue, but with a whole new contract.
The Five-Year Marriage® isn’t some simple old-school idea for renewing your vows. Instead, each marriage is separate from the last, making it new and different. Each one challenges the status quo of traditional marriages.
In The Five-Year Marriage®, Annmarie Kelly challenges conventional wisdom and tradition with a process that shifts the paradigm to a more practical and more tailored to each couple’s relationship.
Annmarie blazes a new trail through the wild adventure called marriage with:
- The Solid Seven traits to look for in the Five-Year Marriage® Partner
- Family Meetings: including powerful ground rules that make a difference
- Six Keys for keeping your marriage up-to-speed
- And much more!
The Five-Year Marriage® totally changes the way couples view marriage and, more importantly, how they live it. As a partnership, the Five-Year Marriage® asks couples to be present with each other, focus on communication, and consciously embrace life’s changes. It empowers couples to live their best life together…but just for five years.
The Five-Year Marriage® is like a warm hug and a kick in the butt.
It’s a game-changer!
Back to Top
Whenever promoting the book, link to https://FiveYearMarriage.com
Author Bio – Short
ANNMARIE KELLY has been married six times, each time for five years. While working on her five-year marriages, Annmarie Kelly started a training company, SkillBuilder Systems, founded the Victorious Woman Project and its annual fundraiser, The Girlfriend Gala, and joined WCHE as host of weekly radio show for women, The Friday Happy Hour with Annmarie Kelly, now podcasting as Victory Chicks Radio on iTunes, Spotify and iHeart Radio. Before sharing her inventive twist on marriage in the The Five-Year Marriage: Shifting the Marriage Paradigm, she also she also wrote Victorious Woman! Shaping Life’s Challenges into Personal Victories and Victory by Design.
Annmarie is honored to be a two-time recipient of the Leadership Award from the American Society for Training and Development (ASTD-PHL), now ATD, the International Women’s Day Outstanding Service Award, the President’s Call to Service awarded by President Barack Obama, a Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM) with Toastmasters International, the 2018 Alumna of the Year from Neumann University, and a Literacy Hero nominee.
Author Bio – Long
DOWNLOAD ANNMARIE’S LATEST BIO (PDF)
(opens in a new window)
ANNMARIE KELLY has been married seven times, each time for five years. She’s waited a long time to share The Five-Year Marriage® with couples.
While she was working on her own Five-Year Marriage®, Annmarie became an entrepreneur and owner of SkillBuilder Systems, an award-winning leader, author, corporate trainer, professional speaker, victory strategist, and the host of the Friday Happy Hour radio show. She works with corporations, leadership groups, professional associations, and individuals, encouraging people to LIVE VICTORIOUSLY – out loud and in living color.
In 2008, Annmarie founded The Victorious Woman Project, which focuses on inspiration, education and encouragement by providing resources for “next chapter” and “starting over” women as well as leadership skills for women in the workplace. She is also the founder of the Girlfriend Gala, an annual fundraiser which has benefitted the homeless, women in transition, and most recently, non-traditional women college students through the Victorious Woman Scholarship at Neumann University.
In addition to The Five-Year Marriage®, Annmarie is the author of two other books, Victorious Woman! Shaping Life’s Challenges into Personal Victories and Victory by Design, as well as many articles on a variety of topics, including: emotional intelligence, goal achievement, behavior-focused performance improvement, mentoring, and life balance. She is a professional member of National Speakers Association and holds an advanced speaker designation (Distinguished Toastmaster/DTM) with Toastmasters International. Annmarie is also a two-time recipient of the ASTDPHL Leadership Award, a 2010 recipient of the President’s Call to Service, a 2012 recipient of the International Women’s Day Outstanding Service Award, awarded by President Barack Obama, and a Literacy Hero nominee.
Table of Contents
Chapter One – Is Marriage Old School?
Chapter Two – How About a Watch?
Chapter Three – Five-Year Marriage® Basics: The Five-Year Marriage® Partner
Chapter Four – Five-Year Marriage® Basics: The Beginnings
Chapter Five – Five-Year Marriage® Basics: The Nitty Gritty
Chapter Six – Behind Closed Doors: Living the Five-Year Marriage®
Chapter Seven – What About the Children?
Chapter Eight – What People, Like You, Ask Me
One Last Thing…
A Five-Year Marriage® Invitation for You
About the Author
I was definitely intrigued by the concept of The Five-Year Marriage®. Being happily married for more than ten-years I doubted there was anything in this book I didn’t know. Not only was I wrong I was inspired to start numerous conversations with my husband about where we’ve been and where we want to go.
– Doreen McGettigan
This is a well-written book that makes people want to read it. The arguments are convincing and the light conversational tone and the humor add to its appeal.
– Julie Ross, Award-winning journalist
Annmarie Kelly has written the blueprint for long-term marriage success and created a template for relationship longevity. This is how every modern marriage should be viewed. And the Five-Year Marriage® guide may just save your marriage.
– Helen Goltz, Author
What Annmarie writes, “almost nothing lasts sixty years anymore” is really true. Everything evolves, and changes. The Five-Year Marriage® is organized to help us make a conscious effort to be attentive, and then we have the power to advance this relationship with mindful adjustments, and as Annmarie says “create a marriage that you’ll love living.”
– Maryann Volpe, long-time spouse (50+ years), mother and grandmother
The Five-Year Marriage® is a very compelling idea. I see many things that my spouse and I do in our marriage that keeps it good, and also many things I’d like to start doing! I can see older married couples as well as young people embracing the concepts.
– Wendy Mackowski Wendy Mackowski, MA, CPCC, Holistic Life Coach
When I saw the title, I was curious about what a five-year marriage would be, what it would mean, and how it could make marriage better. After reading the book, I get it!
The book lays out the what, the why, and the how of what “being married” really means. It also gives readers ideas for conversations both for before and after marriage. (I liked this part the best!)
I thought that Joseph’s (the writer’s husband) comments throughout the book added a different perspective as well.
This isn’t the traditional marriage book. It’s a really interesting idea! And, because we are living years longer than the couples from previous generations, it makes perfect sense.
The Five-Year Marriage is a good positive read for couples considering marriage; for newlyweds and for those long-time married partners who need a “refresh.”
~Grace H (Amazon Verified Review)
Great relationship guidance. A must read for everyone wanting strong, loving, and continuously growing relationships. Use the rubric with a spouse or your about to become teenage children. A two sided contact with your 13-18 year old child will mitigate many of the conflicts that occur during those years. Family meetings serve as a communication tool to create open dialogue leading to better understanding and acceptance.
So much to learn reading this book. I was so impressed I passed the book on to a young couple who have not yet made a commitment to marrying but could in the future.
Sample Author Q&A
- What is a Five-Year Marriage®?
- You say traditional marriage is obsolete. What makes you say that?
- What makes this book different from any of the other books about marriage?
- What’s so special about the five-year timeframe?
- Is this the same as a pre-nuptial agreement?
- Why is this Five-Year Marriage® concept important?
- How did you get this idea?
- What led up to it?
- When you first presented this idea to Joseph, how did he respond?
- If he said ‘no’ what would you have done?
- How did people respond when you told them you were only getting married for five years?
- What kind of problems doe the Five-Year Marriage® solve?
- Nothing solves all the problems of marriage, so what would be an unreasonable expectation of the Five-Year Marriage®?
- Why do you think the Five-Year Marriage® is so empowering for women?
- You have a list of “avoid at all cost” behaviors. What are they?
- You talk about buzzwords and headlights. What are they?
- You talk about the “solid seven” traits – why are they important?
- What are a couple of the solid seven traits?
- You talk about Family Meetings. What are they?
- Why are they important?
- How often do you have Family Meetings?
- Why do you have ‘ground rules” for Family Meetings?
- You have a whole chapter called Nitty Gritty. What is a “nitty gritty” topic?
- What do you think is the most crucial “nitty gritty” discussion a couple has?
- You have six keys that every couple needs to embrace. What are they?
- Which one is the most important one?
- Do you have a favorite?
- You talk about “corrosive communication.” What is it and why is it important to understand?
- What are two of the most common day-to-day problems and how does the Five-Year Marriage® help to resolve those?
- Do you think, after six Five-Year Marriages®, you would still get a divorce?
Article & Interview Leaders
- Who else is tired of the “til death” marriage
- How to create a marriage you can love living
- Falling in Love? Here are five behaviors to watch for (and if you see them, run for the hills!)
- Five clues you’re in a bad marriage
- What everybody ought to know about marriage but don’t [this is about how people come from different places – even if you are “soulmates”)
- Rotten Relationships: Can you recognize these early warning signs?
- 5 questions to ask your fiance … before it’s too late
- How to break the “til death do you part” stranglehold and still enjoy your marriage
- How to keep marriage from destroying your soul
- Turn your divorce-bound marriage into a second honeymoon in thirty days or less
- 5 things you must do before saying “yes.”
Back to Top