Our theme this month was Women and Leadership. If you missed all the inspiring and thought-provoking content I shared on my social media accounts, you can catch up here:
How do you show leadership within your life?
Here’s what feminine leadership is: you being in charge of your life. It’s what I often refer to as SELF-control. If you aren’t the leader of your life, in control of the authentic you (your real SELF), then someone else is – and you’re following them. While you are, there’s a really good chance that they might not be leading you in the direction you want to go. And even if you are going in the same direction, for example, if you have a joint goal, you still need to be in charge of your SELF. Learn More: /victorious-woman/2012/11/novembers-victory-theme-leadership/
Interesting articles about Women & Leadership
- Do you know these ten amazing women leaders? https://mtsusidelines.com/2020/04/one-last-hoorah-10-famous-women-scientists-and-medical-professionals/
- Leadership Lessons from Women to Men. The first one is my favorite! https://hbr.org/2020/04/7-leadership-lessons-men-can-learn-from-women
- It’s been a long haul and it’s not over yet! Here are 10 tips for dealing with adversity: /victorious-woman/2015/04/ten-tips-for-dealing-with-adversity/
- One of my favorite women leaders was Dr. Helen Taussig. Find out why: https://www.tresbohemes.com/2017/03/honoring-helen-brooke-taussig/
- Is your favorite chick flick one of these? /victorious-woman/2015/04/ten-top-strong-woman-chick-flicks/
- If you’ve never seen Jean Kilbourne talk about women in advertising, you MUST see this…for yourself and your daughters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy8yLaoWybk
I had a great time with Cheldin Barlatt Rumer on This Is It TV – we talked about the challenges relationships are facing in quarantine.
Check out the interview here: https://www.facebook.com/thisisittv/videos/546527802927608/
Victorious Woman: Shaping Life’s Challenges into Personal Victories!
What do you do when your world turns upside down? “Victorious Woman” tells you real stories about nine women whose everyday lives were suddenly and seriously halted. Facing the worst, these women picked up the pieces of their shattered lives, started over, and came back victorious!
Along with the true stories, there are thought-provoking questions to help YOU take YOUR next step toward YOUR OWN VICTORY as well as giving you the blueprint to put the pieces of your life together and the tools you need to climb your mountain, and get back on top. This is the book you need for today and tomorrow and into your fabulous future. Grab your copy today (paperback or Kindle) : https://www.amazon.com/Victorious-Shaping-Challenges-Personal-Victories/dp/0974603708/?tag=skillbuilders01-20
Need some Midlife Inspiration?
I’ve been posting my favorite quotes and inspiring sayings each week. Feel free to download & share these memes on your social media accounts too.
Looking to connect with Midlife Women?
Join the Victory Chicks Community on Facebook!
This month we had a #victorychallenge – each day I posted a positive affirmation and the Victory Chicks printed it out and left it somewhere they’d see if often – so they could repeat it to themselves multiple times throughout the day. The postivity and inspiration this created was awesome and helped a lot of women get through the quarantine slump so many of us were feeling. This is a private group, so you’ll have to apply to join (Don’t worry, I’ll approve you!) and you can rest assure it’s a safe group where you can share without judgement.
Here are a few example of the affirmations we enjoyed this month:
You can also sign up for my newsletter here: /victorious-woman/newsletter-signup/ (You’ll get advance notice and discounts on my upcoming classes, in addition to a friendly message from me with inspiration and tips for living your best life!)
And checkout my new Instagram account! https://www.instagram.com/annmariekelly.1/
I’m curious – do you have an Instagram account? What do you like/dislike about it? Do you prefer Facebook or Instagram?