No matter how you look at it, money is power. No matter who you are and what you do, if you have some money put aside for yourself you boost your feminine power. If you live alone, you need to have money for a rainy day, retirement, emergencies. If you live with someone, you need to have your own account. You can call it mad money, running money, crazy money. Whatever you call it, it’s money that you save for when you really need it. You know it’s yours to use to honor, love and protect your SELF.
Here are some common questions women usually ask about this power tip:
- How much should it be? It depends. It should be enough for what you really want. That might mean anything from a safe place to stay to money to further your education to a special vacation.
- How do you get it? Decide on an amount you can put away from each paycheck. It could be a percentage, like 5% of your take-home pay. Or, if it’s family money, it could be whatever money you saved by using coupons. The amount isn’t as important as that you do and that you know it’s there for you.
- Where do you put it? In a savings account or interest-bearing money-market that’s just for you. You should be able to get to it fast (not in a CD or some other kind of investment).
- What do you use it for? I used mine to pay my tuition when I decided to go back to school. I also used it for a down-payment when I bought a new car.
- Why is it good to have? Because you always know that you aren’t totally dependent on the family finances, beholding to someone who lent you money or stuck. I always say that, if I want to get away, I can be in another state or country in 24 hours. I’ve never wanted to do that, but knowing that I can always feels like I have a safety valve, ready when I need it.
Once you start building that fund, you’ll be surprised at how much having that money will fuel your feminine power.