Victorious Woman Month: Barbara Walters, The Prosperity Sisters and The Girlfriend Gala
Talking about victories, including Barbara Walters’ retirement. Here’s the article that I thought was interesting: Variety
From all the shows that I watched (and, really, who couldn’t have seen at least one of them!), I noticed a couple things that I think you and I can use to model Barbara’s success:
- Promoting your work: On the 5/15 episode of The View: Star Jones said the best piece of advice that Barbara ever gave her was that if you care about the work you do, you tell people about it.
- Talent: (Talent vs. IQ and Emotional Intelligence): Here’s the transcript of the interview (part 1) with Bill O’Reilly: The O’Reilly Factor
- Boundaries: On May 16 Michael Douglass talked about how Barbara throws fabulous dinner parties but. However, when the whole table is talking, she isn’t afraid to call out guests who cross-talks
I hope you had as good a time as I did with The Prosperity Sisters. Aren’t they a riot? They’re smart and savvy and have learned so much about having their own business – about business and about each other. But, you may have noticed, they’re like incorrigible kids…and they like it that way! I hope you learned and laughed with us today!
- Here’s their website: Full-Spirited Flavours
- Here are places locally where you can buy the Prosperity Liquor Cakes
Carole, Sue and Cathy are bringing their Prosperity Cakes to The Girlfriend Gala. You can get a taste and meet the sisters on May 21 at Edgmont Country Club from 5:30-8:30. Cost is $50 and it includes a light buffet, speaker Maureen Ingelsby, comedian Grover Silcox, a gift bag worth $80 and so much more!
This week’s quote is from my first book, Victorious Woman! Shaping Life’s Challenges into Personal Victories: “…victory seldom unfolds in the midst of a big event. [It] comes about in the mundane moments of life when no one is looking… [when we take] one seemingly small action through which we turn our life one more rotation toward victory.”