Women are often encouraged to forgo their own needs so that someone else can receive them. There is something to be said for being a little sacrificing, but when you treat everyone else better than you treat yourself, you are out of balance and suffering from something I call overcare. And it’ll kill you – one way or another: physically, spiritually or mentally.
If you want to be victorious and successful, you need to take youself seriously, including investing in yourself and managing your investment.
Start now and develop a plan for investing in yourself and the business called YOU INC? Here are a few questions to get your started:
- What job-related skills do you need to improve or develop?
- Where or to whom can you go to learn them?
- Does advancement require a degree you don’t have yet? How can you earn it? Does your company have a tuition-reimbursement plan?
- Would a business coach to help you get on track?
- Are there emotional issues holding you back? What can you do to get past those and move forward?
- Find a mentor and sponsor to help you? What do you need to make that happen?