Knowledge is power for midlife women!
Health knowledge puts you in control of what happens with your body.
Did you know that heart disease is the leading cause of death for African American and white women in the United States. Among American Indian and Alaska Native women, heart disease and cancer cause roughly the same number of deaths each year. For Hispanic and Asian or Pacific Islander women, heart disease is second only to cancer as a cause of death.
Resources to Empower Midlife Women
Here is a list of resources that can help you identify, understand and prevent heart disease:
- Myths about heart disease and women: https://www.goredforwomen.org/en/about-heart-disease-in-women/facts/common-myths-about-heart-disease
- Do you know what happened to Susan Lucci?: https://www.womansday.com/health-fitness/womens-health/a26144012/susan-lucci-heart-health-scare/
- Did you know JAW PAIN is a sign of a heart attack…and there’s others that you might be surprised about: https://www.womansday.com/health-fitness/womens-health/g2923/heart-attack-warning-signs/
- Want to bring down your blood pressure naturally? Here’s how: https://www.womansday.com/health-fitness/wellness/a55690/what-to-do-if-you-have-high-blood-pressure/
- Think you’re too young for heart disease? https://www.womansday.com/health-fitness/a23065148/fox-sports-jen-hale-cardiomyopathy/
- TIPS: 10 ways to keep the female heart healthy! https://www.unitypoint.org/livewell/article.aspx?id=97aaf1dc-cc96-44e5-95ad-6f20509bdd8d
- Did you floss your teeth for your heart today? The bacteria that causes gum disease can get into your bloodstream and elevate that protein that’s a marker for inflammation in the blood vessels. https://www.healthline.com/health/gum-disease-and-heart-disease
#Victorious Woman Project, #Victorious Woman, #WomensEmpowerment, #VictoryChicks, #AnnmarieKelly, #FiveYearMarriage #KeynoteSpeaker