Talk about a mid-life reinvention!
Gloria Hoffner really figured out a way to make the most of her reinvention after getting laid off!
Gloria Hoffner is the owner of Guitar with Gloria and Science for Seniors, trademarked activity program for independent, personal care, long term care and dementia communities. A graduate of Temple University, Gloria is a columnist for Creative Forecasting magazine and About.com website. Her book, Science for Seniors, is the 2013 winner of the Mature Media Merit Award. Gloria’s website is Guitarwithgloria.com. You can get her book, Science for Seniors, on the website. And, if you buy it this month, Gloria’s special offer is a free copy of my ebook – Feeding the Calendar Monster – with new ideas for activity programs in music, art, sports, literature and more. Next week Gloria’s presenting a live Science for Seniors webinar at 1 p.m., August 13th for the National Association of Activity Professionals.
Here are links to the topics I talked about today:
- Gloria Hoffner’s story in her winning Victorious Woman: Victorious Woman Contest 2014
- If you’re interested in doing something fun and free and outdoors this weekend, go to Bethlehem’s Musikfest
- Philly and NJ girls vying for Little League championship play this weekend. See them interviewed on CBS: Little League
- If you always thought you knew how to cut a cake, think again! Here’s the cake-cutting video I talked about – hope you think it’s as funny as I did: Mathematically Correct Cake-Cutting
- To find the Top Ten List I talked about, go here: Making the Most of Your MidLife Do-Over.
- If you have tips for someone else, and want to share, answer the August Question of the Month
Today’s quote was from Maria Robinson, the author of books about early childhood development. She said,